I made this today using a vintage dress pattern I bought from a terrigal market for $1. The fabric was freebie from my nanna. The fabric looks to be from the late 60s to early 70s.
I just harvested the last of my corn and pulled out my silverbeet. I probably could have kept the silverbeet growing longer but some type of disease was starting to spread across the leaves. I can never tell what is safe to eat and what isn’t when disease and pests come my way.
The corn is rock hard so I’ve decided to keep some of the kernels to plant out again next year and make pop corn with the rest.
I got the idea from this website.
Corner construction. I looked at pictures on the internet on how boxes were constructed and decided to try this method.
The plank on the very edge will also ensure that the box stays square.
UPDATE: Randy and I just finished putting this together tonight. Just enough time to eat pancakes.
I’ve finished sewing together the skirt section. Have just started on the bodice tonight.